Are you looking for a perfect NDIS plan manager in Sydney? With so many options available, we understand it can be challenging to find the perfect one. But, to help you with the same, we have discussed a few tips that might help you choose the best NDIS plan manager.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme has brought many benefits to those with disabilities across Australia providing various services and support that allow individuals to live independently in their own homes and communities. While the NDIS has done wonders for disabled people, the long-term care aspect of the scheme can be complex and hard to navigate if you don't know where to start, especially when choosing the right plan manager. As we know that handling the NDIS plan management with disability issues might be difficult, here are some of our top ways to help you find the right NDIS plan manager.
1. Learn About Your Different Needs
Before you can choose the best NDIS plan manager, the first thing you must consider asking yourself is what are your needs? The requirement of NDIS participants varies because different people have different disabilities, and not every participant has similar situations. So, you need to take some time to learn about your various needs. Consider asking these questions -
- What support are you looking for?
- What service will best suit your disability?
- Are there any particular services that you need specifically?
- By what time do you want the plan management to get started?
Taking note of these questions will help you find the perfect plan manager and maintain clarity. If you learn about your needs and talk to your potential plan manager about the same, they will know what services they need to deliver.
2. Ask for Reviews
When you're looking for a good NDIS plan manager, one of the best places to start is by asking for recommendations from others who have taken the help of plan managers to ease their life. Talk to your friends, family, and anyone you know who has experience with an NDIS plan manager. See if they have any recommendations for you. It's also essential to find out about their experiences like -
- What was good about it?
- What were the shortcomings?
- In the end, did it work or not?
- Were they satisfied with their plan management skills or not
Consider asking and knowing the opinions of at least three to four people. You should do so because you can't decide how a plan manager works based on one person's opinion. Can you? So, consider getting in touch with three to four people so you can have a fair idea of how NDIS plan managers work with people with different disabilities.
3. Recognise your Expectations from the Plan Manager
When you look for an NDIS plan manager near me, it's essential to be clear about what you expect. To be clear with your expectations, ask yourself these questions -
- Do you need someone local who can meet with you in person?
- Do you need someone who can help you navigate the NDIS system?
- Do you want someone available most of the time?
Once you know what to expect, you can start looking for a plan manager that meets your criteria and is ready to serve you on your terms.
4. Look into their Professional Qualifications
Another tip for finding the best NDIS plan manager is to consider ensuring that the potential plan managers are qualified or not. Check their website or give them a call to find out what kind of qualifications they have. A good plan manager will have a degree in social work, psychology, or a related field. Consider checking one essential thing whether or not they have NDIS registration. If the plan manager is not registered with NDIS and is not an approved manager, they cannot access your plan details and will therefore not be able to assist.
5. Ask if they offer Flexible Hours
The fifth vital point to check is whether your potential plan manager is ready to offer flexible hours and coordinate your care and support services. But it's essential to ensure they're a perfect fit to help you choose the best NDIS plan manager. Here are the questions you may ask for this aspect -
- Ask if they are flexible with working hours.
- Find out if they can offer flexible hours for your disability.
- Ensure they understand the NDIS and how it will work for you.
- See whether or not they are ready to communicate with you at any time.
6. Check if they know to handle payments
A professional NDIS plan manager is well trained and experienced in managing the payments of an NDIS participant. Handling the payment and allowing you to know everything related to it is a pro sign of a good NDIS plan manager. Serving this service requires skills. So, consider knowing how your potential plan manager handles all your payments. Consider checking on these points -
- Do they offer you a monthly summary and an online tool to follow the status of your NDIS budgets?
- Are they transparent about the process for paying invoices, including the due dates?
- Do they provide you the access to online invoice status tracking?
- Can they shield you from overspending by securing your budgets with pre-approved service providers?
Why Choose Sky Plan Management?
At Sky Plan Management, we have experienced specialists for NDIS plan management in Sydney. Our specialists have served innumerable NDIS participants with various disabilities. Initially, by consulting your requirements, we will help you understand the process and explain how we will handle your NDIS plan. By taking note of all your needs for support and help, we'll put our best foot forward to manage everything from payments to services related to your NDIS plan and make your life much easier than before.
So, if you're searching for the best plan managers, look no more because we're just a call away from helping you manage your NDIS plan and giving you peace of mind. Get in touch with us and let us help you to sit back and relax while we look after your NDIS plan!